Saturday 26 July 2014

Artists Abandoned Kefee’s Burial Because There Is No Love In The Industry- Showkey

Daddy Showkey in an interview with Leadership Newspaper has said there is no love in the music industry and musicians only pretend to love one and another, but when tragedy struck, one will see their true colour. He cited himself has an example, and how artistes shunned Kefee’s burial ceremony which took place in Sapele.

You were at Kefee’s burial, what are your thoughts?
Nothing much other than I was disappointed that artistes did not come to show love to their own. It is not a good thing. The lady died and it is sad for her family. Musicians ought to have showed up and rallied round her people, to show that they care. It was only the gospel musicians that showed up, meaning there is no love in this industry. Nobody cares about you if you drop dead tomorrow. I told you I was away for 3 years because of my spinal cord injury. Nobody came to visit me during that time. No one from my generation of singers came to identify with me and that is bad for a man who has given much to the industry. This makes me think that we don’t care about ourselves in this industry. As the Yoruba people say, Oju aaye ni a nse o meaning, na eye service we dey do to oursefu!
Are you saying you don’t have friends in the music industry?

I don’t have a friend oh. This life wetin my eyes don see, no be small thing oh! That experience is enough to make you cut-off, because when they see me with money they associate with Showkey; but when Showkey had a challenge, an accident- no one could call or say we feel your pain. So me, I no get friend. My friends are those in Ajegunle that we can say the truth to ourselves. It is only Pasuma that I can call my friend- he comes to my house anytime and we chat about things.

1 comment :

  1. Showkey deal wt ur problem N 4get abt ppl dat dnt care.Dnt resolve 2self pity,wok hard,pray not 2be a victim.bt eventualy if u becom,stand up N patch up d pieces N mov on.lif is ful of ups N downs N wat maks u mature is d ability 4u 2face chalenges.wiked generation of vipers

    ReplyDelete